700c Smooth Fenders, 37mm
These fenders feature a timeless, smooth profile and are highly polished. They're 37mm wide, designed for 700c and 27" wheels, and work with tires up to 25mm wide. We include a hardware kit to work with almost any type of mounting in the same finish as the fenders.
- Fenders are made from aluminum alloy for strength while staying lightweight
- Rear fender is 120cm long and the front is 90cm long
- Both come pre-drilled for stays. Front is pre-drilled for a fork crown mount
- Hardware kit includes: 5mm polished aluminum stays, R-clips and screws, L bracket, reinforcement plates, stay-to-fender closed eyelet bolts, fork crown daruma, sliding bracket, leather washers, and detailed installation instructions
Velo Orange fenders are designed to be full coverage, which means that you and your bike's drivetrain will stay clean of road muck and grime. Both front and rear fenders have full wrap around the width of your tires to eliminate spray in all directions.
Note: Oversize charges may apply when this item is shipped outside the contiguous US (e.g., Alaska, Hawaii, international, and military addresses). Free shipping discount may not apply. We will notify you of shipping charges prior to shipping.
looks good, lightweight. need more hardware "bolts and nuts" but great deal.
I purchased these fenders for my wife's steel road bike. They are very lightweight and look great. They also come with a nice hardware kit that covers a range of different installation needs. They work well for 25mm tires. Clearances are just too tight for comfort for 28mm tires (tested with Continental GP4000 S2 in 28mm size, actual width of these tires was almost 30mm and would be even wider on many modern rims).
Key things to be aware of:
1) These are advertised as "37mm" wide, but that is the *external* width of the fenders. They are closer to 32mm of interior width.
2) 25mm tires are probably the sweet spot for these fenders. I would *not* recommend them for 28mm tires, despite the description.
3) These require a lot if time to install properly on most bikes. You need to partially fit them, measure and mark. Then cut and/or drill, then re-fit them. etc.
4) Be careful when installing. The finish is easy to scratch and while individual parts are sturdy in actual usage, they can be easily bent when working on the installation.
Installed Weight: ~420g (0.9 lbs) for all installed pieces on this particular bike, but could be as much as 450 grams depending on which pieces you use in the hardware kit. For reference:
130g front fender (no stays or attachments)
172g rear fender (no stays or attachments)
86g for both stays (combined weight)
127g for hardware kit including paper instructions and bags
515g total, but you will not use all of the hardware on a single bike.
The attached photo shows the fenders with 25mm tires installed. They look great, and if installed correctly, are rattle-free.
They look pretty slick, though I haven’t gotten them fully installed. I checked to make sure they fit. They definitely make the whole bike look sharp!
These fenders have a really classic look, which matched perfectly with this '73 Raleigh SuperCourse. I use the bike almost daily as a commuter and it keep the spray from puddles or dirt/mud mostly off me. For an old road bike, these will likely fit in the fork and frame whereas others will be too wide.