The Campeur, as the name suggests, is a touring frame for paved, or unpaved, roads. It can carry a substantial load for long unsupported trips, yet handles beautifully even with no load. In fact, it makes an excellent city bike or gravel racer.
Here are some of the highlights and specs:
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chrome-moly
- Fork: 1" threaded
- Wheel Size: 700c (sizes 51cm-63cm), 26" (sizes 47cm & 49cm)
- Tire: 38mm with fenders
- Rear Spacing: 135mm
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: Cantilever
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: 3
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Vertical dropouts with double eyelets front and rear.
- Lowrider through bosses and seatstay rack eyelets.
- Pump peg (sizes 57-63cm).
- Kickstand plate
A nice "after 1500 miles" customer review can be found here.
A review of the Campeur by Adventure Cyclist magazine can be found here.
Includes frame and 1" threaded fork. Headset not included.
If you are getting a VO Headset or Bottom Bracket along with your frame, you can get them installed for a reasonable fee (simply add them to the cart along with a headset and/or bottom bracket and we'll take care of the rest).
Note: Oversize charges may apply when this item is shipped outside the contiguous US (e.g., Alaska, Hawaii, international, and military addresses). Free shipping discount may not apply. We will notify you of shipping charges prior to shipping.