Pass Hunter Frameset
Update 3/5/2020: The Pass Hunter is currently being re-designed. You can follow along on the blog (posts are sorted by date).
The Pass Hunter Disc is our "all-road" frame. It's designed for spirited riding on pavement, gravel, or dirt roads. It's like a randonneur, but with disc brakes and large tires.
The Pass Hunter has mid-trail geometry and shorter chainstays than our other frames for stable, yet sporty, handling. In addition to all road adventures, randonneuring and pass hunting, it makes would make a nice sportif, a fast credit card tourer, or even an all-weather commuter.
The term "pass hunter" refers to the sport of riding over multiple mountain passes. It's more popular in France and Japan than in the US. Rules are explained on this page.
The particulars are:
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chrome-moly
- Fork: 1 1/8" threadless
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Tire: 35mm with fenders, 38mm without
- Rear Spacing: 135mm
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: IS mount disc, 160mm
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: 2
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Vertical dropouts with replaceable hanger
- Single eyelets on rear dropout, internal eyelets on seat stays
- Single eyelets on fork dropouts, integrated upper fork eyelets
- Internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
Includes frame and fork. Headset not included.
There is a great review of the canti-brake version of the Pass Hunter in the May 2014 issue of Bicycle Times magazine. A few quotes can be found here.
Note: Oversize charges may apply when this item is shipped outside the contiguous US (e.g., Alaska, Hawaii, international, and military addresses). Free shipping discount may not apply. We will notify you of shipping charges prior to shipping.