The Piolet is our bikepacking frame. It's designed for off-road touring, including dirt and gravel roads, double track, and single track. We built it to be sturdy, simple, and very capable. As with our other frames it's double butted chromoly steel. The fork is triple butted for reduced weight and extra strength. The seatsays come together in a cool mono-stay wishbone and compliment the segmented fork. The frameset is covered in bosses for easily mounting any racks, water-bottles, gear cages, and even fenders. It's happily set up in bikepacking fashion or as a traditional rack and bag tourer!
The Piolet handles similarly to a XC mountain bike, but slightly more in the touring direction. Feels natural with drop bars or flat bars. Non-suspension corrected fork handles predictably with or without a load!
The S and XS sizes are designed around 26 x 2.4" tires. M, L, and XL use 29 x 2.4" or 27.5 x 3.0" tires.
Here are some frame details and features:
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chrome-moly
- Fork: 1 1/8" threadless
- Wheel Size: 29" & 27.5+ (M, L, XL), 26" (XS, S)
- Tire: 29" x 2.4" or 27.5 x 3.0 (M, L, XL), 26" x 2.4 (XS, S)
- Rear Spacing: 135mm
- BB: English threaded 73mm
- Brakes: 160 - 180mm disc
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm, bottom pull/bottom swing
- Water bottle mounts: 3 sets on frame, 2 sets on fork blades
- Fender bosses: seatstay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Vertical dropouts with triple eyelets
- Lowrider thru bosses on fork
- 2 sets of seatstay rack eyelets
- Replaceable stainless steel derailleur hanger
If you are getting a VO Headset along with your frame, you can get it installed for a reasonable fee (simply add them to the cart along with a headset and/or bottom bracket and we'll take care of the rest).
Note: Oversize charges may apply when this item is shipped outside the contiguous US (e.g., Alaska, Hawaii, international, and military addresses). Free shipping discount may not apply. We will notify you of shipping charges prior to shipping.