Polyvalent - Diamond
Update: Another run is already in production and slated for arrival around February.
The Polyvalent is Velo Orange’s “do-it-all” frameset. It is the ideal platform to build a sturdy tourer, practical commuter, comfortable all-day randonneur, or a rugged gravel bike.
Tire clearance is generous. With fenders: 650b x 48 or 26 x 2.3” (smooth). Forgoing fenders, the Polyvalent can gobble up 650b x 2.1” or 26x2.3 (knobby).
There are star reinforcements on nearly every braze-on on the frame and fork. The rear brake routing is internal and features super easy installation via a brazed in tube - no more fishing for the housing.
The rear end of the bike features dedicated rack and fender mounts.
The fork has an elegant French-style bend that features braze-ons for a multitude of mounting options including: Rando-style front racks, side-mounted cargo cages, and low-rider pannier racks.
The seatstays wrap elegantly around the integrated seat collar and nearly meet at a point.
Of course, it wouldn't be a Velo Orange frame without proper fender mounts that face the tire to create a perfect fender installation every time.
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly steel
- Fork: 1 1/8" threadless, 4130 chromoly steel with elegant bend
- Wheel Size: 650B or 26"
- Tire Clearance: 650B x 48mm, 26 x 2.3" (either with fenders) / 650b x 2.1 or 26 x 2.3 knobby (without fenders)
- Rear Spacing: 12 x 142mm, thru-axle with replaceable hanger (included)
- Fork Spacing: 12 x 100mm, thru-axle (included)
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: IS mount disc, 160mm or 180mm rotors suggested
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: Triple on top of downtube, one set on the seattube, one set on underside of downtube
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Frame Eyelets: Double eyelets on rear dropouts for racks and fenders. Internal eyelets on seat stays
- Fork Eyelets: Double eyelets on fork dropouts for racks and fenders. Triple thru-bosses on the blades for lowrider racks. Hourglass braze-on for Randonneur, Flat Pack Rack, or Campeur Racks.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Paint: Sage Metallic
and the geometry: