700c Fluted Fenders, 63mm - Silver and Noir
These fenders feature a classic, fluted profile and are highly polished. They're 63mm wide, designed for 700c wheels, and work with tires up to 55mm wide - the sweet spot for touring and city bikes. We include a hardware kit to work with almost any type of mounting in the same finish as the fenders.
- Fenders are made from aluminum alloy for strength while staying lightweight
- Rear fender is 120cm long and the front is 90cm long
- Both come pre-drilled for stays. Front is pre-drilled for a fork crown mount
- Hardware kit includes: 5mm polished aluminum stays, R-clips and screws, L bracket, reinforcement plates, stay-to-fender closed eyelet bolts, fork crown daruma, sliding bracket, leather washers, and detailed installation instructions
- Rear fender is crimped just above the chainstay mount to allow use of a front derailleur
Velo Orange fenders are designed to be full coverage, which means that you and your bike's drivetrain will stay clean of road muck and grime. Both front and rear fenders have full wrap around the width of your tires to eliminate spray in all directions.
Note: Oversize charges may apply when this item is shipped outside the contiguous US (e.g., Alaska, Hawaii, international, and military addresses). Free shipping discount may not apply. We will notify you of shipping charges prior to shipping.
These are good if you're concerned about trashing a $220 pair of extra-wide Honjos during the inevitably fussy installation. I wish they were 5-10mm wider, since getting the fender line right on a 700x55 is a lot of work, and the coverage is barely adequate. Length is good (c'mon SKS, make longer fenders!), but I do wish they didn't do the cutout on the rear fender. Any bike that can take fenders this size is not going to be tight in the chainstays, and it prevents getting that extra 4 or so cm of fender below the BB that helps keep the drivetrain clean. They look wretched out of the package, but like any aluminum fender--some Simichrome and muscle and they're mirrors. Overall, good for the price. Much better than plastic if you're willing to put some work in.