The Polyvalent is Velo Orange’s “do-it-all” frameset. It is the ideal platform to build a sturdy tourer, practical commuter, comfortable all-day randonneur, or a rugged gravel bike.
Tire clearance is generous. With fenders: 650b x 48 or 26 x 2.3” (smooth). Forgoing fenders, the Polyvalent can gobble up 650b x 2.1” or 26x2.3 (knobby).
The graceful, swoopy top tube is what we call a Low-Kicker. While especially useful for easily mounting and dismounting with a loaded bike, the lowered top tube also makes the frequent getting on and off the saddle in urban environments more comfortable. Lastly, for those that have limited flexibility, it allows the rider to have a super practical and beautiful bike with modern touches and clearances - something that was, until now, significantly lacking.
There are star reinforcements on nearly every braze-on on the frame and fork. The rear brake routing is internal and features super easy installation via a brazed in tube - no more fishing for the housing. The paint is a brilliant Metallic Sage.
The rear end of the bike features dedicated rack and fender mounts.
The fork has an elegant French-style bend that features braze-ons for a multitude of mounting options including: Rando-style front racks, side-mounted cargo cages, and low-rider pannier racks.
Of course, it wouldn't be a Velo Orange frame without proper fender mounts that face the tire to create a perfect fender installation every time.
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly steel
- Fork: 1 1/8" threadless, 4130 chromoly steel with elegant bend
- Wheel Size: 650B or 26"
- Tire Clearance: 650B x 48mm, 26 x 2.3" (either with fenders) / 650b x 2.1 or 26 x 2.3 knobby
- Rear Spacing: 12 x 142mm, thru-axle with replaceable hanger (included)
- Fork Spacing: 12 x 100mm, thru-axle (included)
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: IS mount disc, 160mm or 180mm rotors suggested
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: Triple on top of downtube, one set on underside of downtube
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Frame Eyelets: Double eyelets on rear dropouts for racks and fenders. Internal eyelets on seat stays
- Fork Eyelets: Double eyelets on fork dropouts for racks and fenders. Triple thru-bosses on the blades for lowrider racks. Hourglass braze-on for Randonneur or Campeur Racks.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Paint: Metallic Sage
and the geometry:
If you are getting a VO Headset along with your frame, you can get it installed for a reasonable fee. Simply click here to navigate to the installation page, and add the fee to your order before checkout.
Free Shipping for Retail customers with subtotals over $150: Velo Orange offers free shipping to the lower 48 States for retail orders with a subtotal of at least $150. Use the coupon code 150SHIP when you check out to get the deal.
Free Shipping for Wholesale customers with subtotals over $400: Velo Orange offers free shipping for wholesale orders to the lower 48 States with a subtotal of at least $400. No coupon code required for this deal.
Oversize international shipping: Large products including (but not limited to) frames, fork, fenders, handlebars, racks, and rims may incur oversize shipping charges. We will notify you of additional charges.
I am still in the building process but love the bike so far!
I use it for both commuter and light touring on rocky terrain, ride quality are surprisingly good.
This frame is great!
Well designed for easy assembly and maintenance, with beautiful finishes and detailing, making for a spry platform for just about any type of riding.
I've built mine as a bike packing bike, with 650Bx2.1 tires, and I'm working on filling up every braze on with gear.
The paint finish is more beautiful than can be described or pictured online; it shimmers and shines as the sun hits it. Glorious!
Well done, VO Team!
This frame has put an amazing grin on my wife’s face. The frame perfect for those who want more ease of riding and control with the cheap look of angled top tubes. All the modern accoutrements with 70’s chrome style.
The build: voyager rims laced (by me) to velo hubs. Velo Orange wavy fenders, panracer SK 650 b tires running tubeless. 10 speed triple microshift shifters on Porteur bars. I plan a velo flat pack rack when Igor calls me to tell me they are in.
Topped with a velo bell and my wife is loving bikes again.
I have over 150,000 miles on bicycles. I am building up the Low Kicker and waiting for some hubs to come in. But from what I have so far, the frame is a piece of fine art. You can tell immediately, that it is well constructed. Thanks, Bill