***Please note that we are not expecting a restock of Neutrino framesets until Summer of 2023***
Whether you're a frequent traveler, apartment dweller, multi-modal commuter, or just enjoy a fun N+1 bike, the Neutrino will fit perfectly into your heart.
For city and apartment dwellers, you'll get great acceleration for stoplight racing as the wheels spin up quite fast. When you've reached your destination, getting the bike into the building, walking up stairs, and parking it in your apartment is so much easier because the physical length of the bike is greatly reduced. You can much more nimbly negotiate stairwells and since it's warm and cozy inside, you don't have to worry about it getting ripped off overnight.
For multi-modal traveling, it's easier to take the bike in a train car without taking up a ton of room and attracting disdainful looks from fellow commuters. Oh and Rinko. Forget cutting fenders, removing handlebars, and wheels. Just loosen the stem, turn the handlebars 90 degrees, and put the whole thing into a Rinko bag!
Traveling with the Neutrino is also a breeze. Since we often travel to our cycling starting point by airplane, train, car, or bus, overage fees for checked bags, storage, and transportation add up quickly and are a real drag. To take full advantage of the traveling abilities of the Neutrino, the bike can be disassembled and inserted into the cardboard box that it comes with.
Simply put, the Neutrino is a blast to ride around. It'll put a smile on your face every time you throw your leg over.
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly frame and fork that accepts fenders.
- Fork: 1 1/8" threadless, 4130 chromoly steel with accommodations for fenders, Randonneur Rack, and even a Mojave Cage or a bikepacking-style cage
- Wheel Size: 20", 406 Bead Seat Diameter. That's BMX, so high-quality rims and tires are cheap, plentiful, and strong.
- Tire Clearance: Clearance for 2.3" tires WITH fenders. Holy cow!
- Rear Spacing: Sliding, 135mm QR dropouts for geared, single speed, or internally geared hubs
- Fork Spacing: 100mm QR
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: Disc Post mount rear, IS Front, 160mm rotors suggested
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (35.0mm seat collar not included). Compatible with internal dropper posts. If you aren't using a dropper, you can use the internal downtube routing for the rear brake
- Front Derailleur Size: 35.0mm (1x crankset recommended, though)
- Water bottle mounts: Seattube, downtube, and under-downtube bottle cage mounts
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Frame Eyelets: Eyelets on rear dropouts for racks and fenders. Internal eyelets on monostay
- Fork Eyelets: Eyelets on fork dropouts. Triple thru-bosses on the blades for cargo/water bottle cages. Hourglass braze-on for Rando Rack.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Paint: Paint is Pistachio with reflective VeloOrange downtube decal
- Click for FAQs and Travel Tips
Free Shipping for Retail customers with subtotals over $150: Velo Orange offers free shipping to the lower 48 States for retail orders with a subtotal of at least $150. Use the coupon code 150SHIP when you check out to get the deal.
Free Shipping for Wholesale customers with subtotals over $400: Velo Orange offers free shipping for wholesale orders to the lower 48 States with a subtotal of at least $400. No coupon code required for this deal.
Oversize international shipping: Large products including (but not limited to) frames, fork, fenders, handlebars, racks, and rims may incur oversize shipping charges. We will notify you of additional charges.
I try to take it everywhere with me wish I would have got with a bigger chainring it’s too slow sometimes but honestly great to haul everyday necessities around town. I live in downtown and commute everyday to work so it’s not amazing, but it’s super fun to ride around people love it too. I’m glad it fits in my apartment without taking too much space.
This is such a fun, capable little bike with an excellent build quality. I can't wait to put it through its paces.
I have some fun bikes and this one is the best. It is so nimble and efficient for commuting. It is gorgeous. I hate the color so ill cover it in stickers. I used the references on this site to build out the components for shifting and the chainline. I saw a few builds use the 124mm spindle on the bb for the 1x10 setup. This seems too long and i get chain drops on my lowest gear so I will be getting a shorter spindle eventually.
I love weird bikes and working in a shop I see all sorts. I adore its compact size and ability to feel full sized. Built with some leftover race bmx parts and others sourced to fill the need for color. I used a Shimano Alfine 8 so no derailleur to drag. Lover of bars with backsweep using the Surly Terminal bar. Just because I had them around, Shimano DXR cranks. I managed to squeeze in a 200mm dropper which helps if a want to share with a friend. The new commuter to really enjoy going to work.
I'm still waiting for the final parts to arrive, but even if I had them I haven't had time to build this yet. I am really looking forward to riding!