Campeur Rear Rack
The VO Campeur Rack is designed for touring and commuting. It features a fully tubular stainless steel design with an upper deck and lower rail system. The lower rail keeps weight low and allows for easy pannier removal, even with the top platform loaded with a tent or dry bag.
- Stainless steel construction with a lovely, high polish finish. It won't rust like painted steel racks or fatigue and crack like some aluminum and powder-coated or painted racks.
- Long, lower rail helps gets your pannier further back to eliminate heel clipping.
- Straight, upper arms securely mount to your bike's seat stay bosses.
- There are a pair of eyelets under the top platform for direct mounting to the fender.
- A single rear, threaded eyelet is for a light mount.
- The top platform is 10 cm wide and 27 cm long. From the top of the rack to the lowest hole is 36.5cm.
- The lower tangs feature four sets of holes to fit most bikes with 26", 650b, 700c, and 27" wheels. Simply trim what you don't need or use the bottommost hole for an easy and quick installation.
- Maximum weight is 40 lbs.
- Installation instructions can be found here
Note: Oversize charges may apply when this item is shipped outside the contiguous US (e.g., Alaska, Hawaii, international, and military addresses). We will notify you of shipping charges prior to shipping.
Campeur Rear Rack
Even after switching to front-loading and deciding panniers are not my style, this rack has remained useful. I end up using it as a saddlebag support, a platform for heavy loads and kid-seat support (YMMV, observe weight limits, use at your own risk, etc.)
I especially like how you can adjust the height to get the weight as low as possible. On the 650b bike I have this mounted on, the rack also serves as a fender attachment point. I also like how durable the finish is. I really never worry about this rack.