Common on European utility bikes, a front wheel stabilizer makes loading front racks simpler. It is a spring connecting the fork to the down tube. It adds a subtle self centering action to the front wheel, making loading and unloading of a bike with a basket, or say, our Porteur Rack much easier. The spring also offers some resistance to steering, so it counteracts deflections from hitting potholes and road debris.
- Mounts to the back of the fork crown via brake bolt or through bolt
- Fork crown mount diameter is made to fit an M6 bolt - common on nutted calipers
- Use Sheldon's Fender Nuts to work with recessed brake bolts
- Rust resistant and includes all required brackets and hardware
- Available for Small (31.8mm and smaller) and Large (38-62mm) sized downtubes
The Velo Orange wheel stabilizer is a nicely designed little component that keeps your front cargo rack from whipping around on you. It takes some slight adjusting to get it to the tension you want, but overall it was pretty simple to install.
I bought this after I put added a front child bike seat and a double kick stand. I feel much safer with the stabilizer, and it keeps the front wheel from spinning out when the bike is parked.
Works very well as I had hoped. Problem solved.