The Mini-Rando will be your favorite go-to for all day, fun, mixed-terrain rides. It's the perfect size for easy access to your compact camera, cell phone, keys, wallet, snacks, and light jacket.
The main body of the bag uses a plastic liner for rigidity, but the zippered top is soft for easier cramming, overstuffing, and retrieval of awkwardly shaped items.
The "trouser" pockets on either side of the bag make for quick access and storage of energy gels as well as their respective carcasses.
Attaching the Mini-Rando to your drop handlebars is a cinch. Use the pair of webbing and cam-locks to secure the bag to your tops, and use the length of paracord and cord-locks to the drops. You can rotate the position of the cord-locks so that it feels good in the drops.
While the Mini-Rando is designed to work best on drop bars, we have discovered several other applications that also rock:
- Loop and secure the bag to a Wald 137 Basket for added capacity for things you may need to access frequently.
- The upper support bar on the Klunkers makes for the perfect lashing position.
- For three-piece bars like the Crazy Bars, you can use the upper loops to secure the bag to the forward extensions.
- Off bike bike, using the included shoulder strap makes for a very fashionable and easy to use day-bag for walking and hiking excursions.
- Size: 10 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches (25.4 x 14 x 14cm)
- Capable of storing 6-7 seltzers
- 4.2L capacity
- Weight: 300g
Entirely designed and manufactured in the USA as part of a collaborative effort between Velo Orange and Road Runner Bags of Los Angeles.
The workmanship is very high! Cloth is high durability and nearly 'waterproof' - some minor dampness in a long heavy downpour.
The Shortcommings - the two side pockets, which are open on the top - also hold all the water they catch. They don't have drain holes, so the water just stays put. Also, to keep the bag from 'sagging', we had to use the top loops to attach close to the hoods on dropper bars. That's ok, but having some nice fastening system would be a bonus.