Threadless Stem Adaptor
The VO Threadless Stem Adaptor allows you to use threadless stems on bikes designed for quill stems. Many threadless stems have removable face plates, so bars need not be "stripped down" when switching stems.
- Works with standard 22.2 mm threaded forks and 1 1/8" stems
- 180 mm total length
- 110 mm above the minimum insertion line
- Steel bolt and wedge
- 1 1/8" stems should have 40 mm stack heights - VO stems fit perfectly
- High polish silver finish
- 272 gr
- Note: not compatible with VO Tall-Stack, Happy, and Cigne Stems as their stack height requirements are taller than 40mm. Stem not included.
Best choice for updating an old frame, the curved profile means it doesn't look out of place & its really solidly made. Little bit weighty, but worth the sacrifice to know you've got something that isn't going to bend in half like some of the other cheap rubbish online
I'm building a new bike so upgrading my old one to have some interchangeable parts suddenly became important, having the ability to now change my stem length/slope by using a 1-1/8 compatible stem is a great advantage over my quill stem, and there's still some retro vibes going on with the adapter contour, design, and finish. Plus it feels very solid under the hands of a hefty rider!
I've had some cheap threadless adapters, but never again - the Velo Orange is much taller, looks better and has the lip for your stem to rest on (so stems can't slide down but also can be flipped or changed without loosening the adapter. ) As long as your stem height is 40 mm, this is it.
This adapter does just what it's supposed to do! Let's me use current stem and bars on my vintage quill stem bicycle!