The VO English Threaded Bottom Bracket uses quality sealed bearings for simplicity and durability.
- Classic square taper design
- JIS taper - works with most cranks
- Hollow boron steel axle
- Aluminum cups
- 258g (110mm length)
- Spindles are available in a variety of lengths to fit most cranksets
- Includes crank bolts
Generally it is the crank model that determines spindle length, so check what spindle length the crank manufacturer recommends or measure your old BB. If between sizes, it's usually wise to choose the longer.
Use the Dajia Cycleworks Bottom Bracket Tool or Park Tool BBT-22 for installation.
Free Shipping for Retail customers with subtotals over $150: Velo Orange offers free shipping to the lower 48 States for retail orders with a subtotal of at least $150. Use the coupon code 150SHIP when you check out to get the deal.
Free Shipping for Wholesale customers with subtotals over $400: Velo Orange offers free shipping for wholesale orders to the lower 48 States with a subtotal of at least $400. No coupon code required for this deal.
Oversize international shipping: Large products including (but not limited to) frames, fork, fenders, handlebars, racks, and rims may incur oversize shipping charges. We will notify you of additional charges.
(First time customer) After receiving this B.B. and a pair of hubs, I came away with a grateful feeling, and an immediate desire to purchase more, which I will. It is definitely refreshing to run across a business that sells quality products at a good price. Thanks for that. These parts are light, run smooth, and have class written all over them, so to speak.
Then there's the niche factor: For people who are looking to restore their beloved vintage bikes, these guys offer valuable products that are not exactly flooding the market. And once again, offer them at a great price.
I am very satisfied.
1. It was the lightest of the three 68x110mm BC1.37 BB I bought at 421g (positive). (Shimano BB-UN300, heaviest 467g and IRD QB-95 at 436g).
2. The non-drive side cap barely fit my Park Tool BBT-32. I had to really wriggle the BB piece until the openings seemed to open up a little. The metal on this non-drive side cap seemed somewhat flimsy, also. (negative)
3. I do not like any pre-applied material on the threads. (negative)
4. It was not the cheapest, not most expensive of the three BB. (neutral).
So, I installed the IRD QB-95 on my bike as it seemed like a more solid metallic BB and turned most easily of the 3 I purchased.
English Threaded Bottom Bracket
One of the English threaded bb cartridges seems to have an unusual amount of drag after installation. It may loosen up after some use, but in the work stand, you can turn it with one finger and give it a spin ... but it only spins about 3/4 of turn, even with a hard spin.
The stars grade on this review is for another English one I have installed, as well as the French one a bike shop put in for me years ago - both work GREAT!
Is a bottom bracket. Is smooth. Is properly holding my cranks.