Grand Cru Zeste Cantilever Brakeset
The Zeste Brakes may be the most powerful and most adaptable cantilever brakes we've tried. Low-profile cantilever brakes are a favorite among cyclo-tourists and commuters because the design helps them clear luggage and, on small frames, your heels. Dirt trail riders and cyclo-cross'ers will appreciate the double plate design for superior mud-clearing.
The brake's strength and easy modulation is due to the extra-long arms for increased mechanical advantage. But just as important is their excellent adjustability:
- There are spring tension adjusters on each arm for easy centering.
- Up and down adjustment in the brake pad slot results in greater frame and fork compatibility; not all canti studs are in exactly the same place on every bike due to manufacturing tolerances or intended specification.
- A barrel adjuster at the end of the straddle wire means easier setup and fine tuning for perfect clearance and wire angle. You'll wonder why all canti brakes don't have these.
- Brake pad holders have adjustable toe-in.
- High-quality, included pads help you stop quickly and safely.
- The pivot bolts and washers are stainless steel for long term corrosion resistance.
Price is for two sets, a bike's worth. Includes straddle hangers, mounting bolts, and cable end caps.
I have installed two sets of these on two different tandems. They are a little tough to get adjusted, but that is probably because I don't do this everyday. The brakes come with excellent pads and will stop a loaded tandem! I prefer the feel of the cantilever brakes as opposed to the V-brakes that came on one of the bikes. They are constructed well and should hold up for a lifetime of use!
You need to add instructions with the brakes