Whether you're a frequent traveler, apartment dweller, multi-modal commuter, or just enjoy a fun N+1 bike, the Neutrino will fit perfectly into your heart.
For city and apartment dwellers, you'll get great acceleration for stoplight racing as the wheels spin up quite fast. When you've reached your destination, getting the bike into the building, walking up stairs, and parking it in your apartment is so much easier because the physical length of the bike is greatly reduced. You can much more nimbly negotiate stairwells and since it's warm and cozy inside, you don't have to worry about it getting ripped off overnight.
For multi-modal traveling, it's easier to take the bike in a train car without taking up a ton of room and attracting disdainful looks from fellow commuters. Oh and Rinko. Forget cutting fenders, removing handlebars, and wheels. Just loosen the stem, turn the handlebars 90 degrees, and put the whole thing into a Rinko bag!
Traveling with the Neutrino is also a breeze. Since we often travel to our cycling starting point by airplane, train, car, or bus, overage fees for checked bags, storage, and transportation add up quickly and are a real drag. To take full advantage of the traveling abilities of the Neutrino, the bike can be disassembled and inserted into the cardboard box that it comes with.
Simply put, the Neutrino is a blast to ride around. It'll put a smile on your face every time you throw your leg over.
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly frame and fork that accepts fenders.
- Fork: 1 1/8" threadless, 4130 chromoly steel with accommodations for fenders, Randonneur Rack, and even a Mojave Cage or a bikepacking-style cage
- Wheel Size: 20", 406 Bead Seat Diameter. That's BMX, so high-quality rims and tires are cheap, plentiful, and strong.
- Tire Clearance: Clearance for 2.3" tires WITH fenders. Holy cow!
- Rear Spacing: Sliding, 135mm QR dropouts for geared, single speed, or internally geared hubs
- Fork Spacing: 100mm QR
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: Disc Post mount rear, IS Front, 160mm rotors suggested
- Seatpost: 31.6mm (35.0mm seat collar not included). Compatible with internal dropper posts. If you aren't using a dropper, you can use the internal downtube routing for the rear brake
- Front Derailleur Size: 35.0mm (1x crankset recommended, though)
- Water bottle mounts: Seattube, downtube, and under-downtube bottle cage mounts
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Frame Eyelets: Eyelets on rear dropouts for racks and fenders. Internal eyelets on monostay
- Fork Eyelets: Eyelets on fork dropouts. Triple thru-bosses on the blades for cargo/water bottle cages. Hourglass braze-on for Rando Rack.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Paint: Paint is Pistachio with reflective VeloOrange downtube decal
- Click for FAQs and Travel Tips
Free Shipping for Retail customers with subtotals over $150: Velo Orange offers free shipping to the lower 48 States for retail orders with a subtotal of at least $150. Use the coupon code 150SHIP when you check out to get the deal.
Free Shipping for Wholesale customers with subtotals over $400: Velo Orange offers free shipping for wholesale orders to the lower 48 States with a subtotal of at least $400. No coupon code required for this deal.
Oversize international shipping: Large products including (but not limited to) frames, fork, fenders, handlebars, racks, and rims may incur oversize shipping charges. We will notify you of additional charges.
Great little bike.
If you’re looking for this bike to perform like a 700c or 650b ummm… I can feel less rollover and range. I took it up a 20+ grade and the front wants to lift.
Surprisingly it’s the heaviest bike I own, maybe due to the dropper post, Redshift ShockStop stem and the in cut steer post.
I’m 5’10” with a 29” inseam if that helps anybody building one up. I would relegate the bike to commuter with gravel capabilities in other words a “GREAT BUMBLER!”. A bicycle to take your time with a bike you take out with friends that don’t ride as often as myself.
I like the fact this bike is not intimidating when you ride city trails with pedestrians.
I would describe owning this bike as a celebration of life, maybe a guilty pleasure.
Just built up my new Neutrino. Looking forward to putting some miles on it 😁 Total weight as pictured is only 10,5 kilos, feels really nippy! That Nitto front rack is a perfect little rear rack for the Neutrino.
Suuuppeerrr fun bike, and totally capable of hitting the trails. Not twitchy at all, and surprisingly plush. Only time will tell how it does with the dropouts slammed back. Probably the cleanest BB threading I've received on a frame. Finish is a 4.5/5. Internal routing for a dropper was an A+ addition. XXL fits naturally for this lanky 6'2" person.
Parts are scarce to build what you want. I am a week or two away from starting the build. Bob
I bought this bike (custom build) last year. Was lucky enough to grab one of the last 3 available in stock. Super happy with the bike and it really is a do-it-all beast. I lived in Dublin previously and it handled rain, off-road, road and everything in between with ease. Couldn't be happier to be honest and the thing is built solid, so dont feel too precious about challenging it. Also, this thing handles almost like a regular sized bike, I only realise I'm on a tiny bike when accelerating from stop lights. With a front load it rides a lot more stable too, giving it a lower centre of gravity.
All I can say is if you have the funds and the desire to bring one of these little puppies into your life then don't hesitate and just go for it! You will get tons of compliments from complete strangers. I found this especially true. More exciting was when I took it to two different bike shops and they recognised this new breed. Brick Lane Bikes were like "guys, come here, no waaayyyy, a Neutrino!!", as if they were witnessing a unicorn. It's gained quite the cult following, and no wonder really, it's a fun bike that has earned its reputation. Great little mini velo destined to put a smile on your face and those around you.